Chia seeds may be small, but their nutrient properties are vast, outweighing many of its superfood counterparts. Chia seeds have been a staple in Central American diet for centuries because of their nutritional benefits.
5 top benefits of Chia Seeds:
- Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants. Antioxidants benefit human health by neutralizing free radicals which may prevent aging and disease. Chia seeds contain 5 main antioxidants that help protect your heart and liver: chlorogenic acid, caffeic acid, myricetin, quercetin, kaempferol.
- High in fiber and protein (4.7 grams protein/2 Tablespoons ; 9.8 grams fiber/2 Tablespoons) > keeps you fuller longer > aids in weight loss
- High fiber content also improves insulin sensitivity > stabilizes blood sugar levels after meals
- High in omega 3s (specifically alpha-linoleic acid) > may reduce blood pressure in people with hypertension > may reduce risk of heart disease
- Contains high amounts of nutrients needed for bone health: calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, alpha-linoleic acid (ALA) > maintains good bone mineral density and increases bone strength
Each LuvSnacks™ CollOATgen jar contains 1.5 grams of chia seeds which provides 0.25 grams of protein and 0.52 grams of fiber per jar just from those chia seeds